This is my last bottle of a half-dozen I bought from Tesco’s about a year ago, half-price at around £4, and I don’t know if it’s a fruit day or what but it’s really great tonight. I’m certainly enjoying it more than on previous occasions. I originally thought it was a bit wood-dominated, but now the balance seems spot on. Good, but not overpowering, tannins and great acidity – it’s really mouthwatering. It doesn’t smell of much, which I guess knocks it down a few points, but it’s got wood, liquorice and plums oozing everywhere. Delicious, and absolutely kicking a lot of butt at this price. If I’d known then what I know now, I’d probably have another half-dozen downstairs still.
- Just plundered @TheWineSociety bin-ends for some Grosset Polish Hill and Tyrell's Belford semillon. Looks like lots… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 months ago
- @TicketmasterCS Hello Ticketmaster. I have checked my junk and spam folders, but there's no Letters Live pre-sale c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 months ago
- @TicketmasterCS I should have got a pre-sale code for Letters Live this morning, but haven't. Could you send one over? Thanks ever so much. 7 months ago
- @Simon_OH I've also not had it since the Oddbins days. Matetic might still have Oddbins days, but I'm afraid I haven't for a while 1 year ago
- Special delivery today from @Armit_Wines, whose sale proved just a little bit too tempting https://t.co/xHOS5NJgfy 1 year ago