This is my last bottle of a half-dozen I bought from Tesco’s about a year ago, half-price at around £4, and I don’t know if it’s a fruit day or what but it’s really great tonight. I’m certainly enjoying it more than on previous occasions. I originally thought it was a bit wood-dominated, but now the balance seems spot on. Good, but not overpowering, tannins and great acidity – it’s really mouthwatering. It doesn’t smell of much, which I guess knocks it down a few points, but it’s got wood, liquorice and plums oozing everywhere. Delicious, and absolutely kicking a lot of butt at this price. If I’d known then what I know now, I’d probably have another half-dozen downstairs still.
- I like the look of your mystery cases, @berrybrosrudd, but you're going to have to explain this "guarantee" of yours https://t.co/VnWQ63BNmL 5 months ago
- Off to Spain tomorrow for a spot of dinner at @Mugaritz. Any other San Sebastian tips? 7 months ago
- @KellandWines Thanks for noticing. All fine. Been in a bit of a winefunk but feeling my way back 8 months ago
- Sunday night in with a 2006 Domaine de la Janasse CdR Terre d'Argile. Crackingly delicious Southern Rhone action, and fabulous value 8 months ago
- Pol Roger NV is half price at @Ocado if you've got a smart pass subscription thingy. Rude not to etc https://t.co/AVJ8pNOml0 1 year ago