This is my last bottle of a half-dozen I bought from Tesco’s about a year ago, half-price at around £4, and I don’t know if it’s a fruit day or what but it’s really great tonight. I’m certainly enjoying it more than on previous occasions. I originally thought it was a bit wood-dominated, but now the balance seems spot on. Good, but not overpowering, tannins and great acidity – it’s really mouthwatering. It doesn’t smell of much, which I guess knocks it down a few points, but it’s got wood, liquorice and plums oozing everywhere. Delicious, and absolutely kicking a lot of butt at this price. If I’d known then what I know now, I’d probably have another half-dozen downstairs still.
- @Simon_OH I've also not had it since the Oddbins days. Matetic might still have Oddbins days, but I'm afraid I haven't for a while 1 month ago
- Special delivery today from @Armit_Wines, whose sale proved just a little bit too tempting https://t.co/xHOS5NJgfy 1 month ago
- So I've been a little bit quiet recently. Here's why. Well, this and laziness, obviously: cellarfella.com/2017/04/26/and… 1 month ago
- I like the look of your mystery cases, @berrybrosrudd, but you're going to have to explain this "guarantee" of yours https://t.co/VnWQ63BNmL 7 months ago
- Off to Spain tomorrow for a spot of dinner at @Mugaritz. Any other San Sebastian tips? 9 months ago