Most of the wine I buy costs less than £15 a bottle, often around half that amount, and comes either from local merchants or from a few online favourites. I often get two bottles of a wine – just to make sure I don’t accidentally catch it on a root day – but rarely more. There are, after all, a lot of nice wines in the world, and not a lot of time to drink them, so what’s the point of letting any one overstay its welcome? Wines are not women: I’m not searching for the one here; I’m more than happy to enjoy a succession of one-night stands and, perhaps, the occasional threesome.
- Just plundered @TheWineSociety bin-ends for some Grosset Polish Hill and Tyrell's Belford semillon. Looks like lots… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 months ago
- @TicketmasterCS Hello Ticketmaster. I have checked my junk and spam folders, but there's no Letters Live pre-sale c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 months ago
- @TicketmasterCS I should have got a pre-sale code for Letters Live this morning, but haven't. Could you send one over? Thanks ever so much. 4 months ago
- @Simon_OH I've also not had it since the Oddbins days. Matetic might still have Oddbins days, but I'm afraid I haven't for a while 11 months ago
- Special delivery today from @Armit_Wines, whose sale proved just a little bit too tempting https://t.co/xHOS5NJgfy 11 months ago