Most of the wine I buy costs less than £15 a bottle, often around half that amount, and comes either from local merchants or from a few online favourites. I often get two bottles of a wine – just to make sure I don’t accidentally catch it on a root day – but rarely more. There are, after all, a lot of nice wines in the world, and not a lot of time to drink them, so what’s the point of letting any one overstay its welcome? Wines are not women: I’m not searching for the one here; I’m more than happy to enjoy a succession of one-night stands and, perhaps, the occasional threesome.
- I like the look of your mystery cases, @berrybrosrudd, but you're going to have to explain this "guarantee" of yours https://t.co/VnWQ63BNmL 5 months ago
- Off to Spain tomorrow for a spot of dinner at @Mugaritz. Any other San Sebastian tips? 7 months ago
- @KellandWines Thanks for noticing. All fine. Been in a bit of a winefunk but feeling my way back 8 months ago
- Sunday night in with a 2006 Domaine de la Janasse CdR Terre d'Argile. Crackingly delicious Southern Rhone action, and fabulous value 8 months ago
- Pol Roger NV is half price at @Ocado if you've got a smart pass subscription thingy. Rude not to etc https://t.co/AVJ8pNOml0 1 year ago