I’ve got loads of exciting white wines at the moment, but I’ve got a problem with reds. I’ve suffered in the past from deciding that I like one and buying a few of them, and as a result I’ve got a few bottles of wines that I’ve already had too many of. I’m thinking Maycas del Limari Reserve Shiraz and, most glaringly of all, a Berberana Etiqueta Negra Rioja Reserva, which I must have bought a year and a half ago and still can’t get through. I must learn that there are lots and lots of exciting wine and there’s no need to get more than a couple of bottles of any of them unless it’s something genuinely exceptional. But then, there are moments when having a stock of your favourite wines comes in handy. For example, I was emailed last week by the man who owns the winery that produced the EOS Petite Sirah that I blogged about a few months ago, thanking me for a positive write-up. So I opened another bottle and, thankfully, it’s still excellent. A meaty, mighty beast that’s really good to crack open every now and then. Sometimes familiarity is what you’re looking for after all.
- @Simon_OH I've also not had it since the Oddbins days. Matetic might still have Oddbins days, but I'm afraid I haven't for a while 6 months ago
- Special delivery today from @Armit_Wines, whose sale proved just a little bit too tempting https://t.co/xHOS5NJgfy 6 months ago
- So I've been a little bit quiet recently. Here's why. Well, this and laziness, obviously: cellarfella.com/2017/04/26/and… 7 months ago
- I like the look of your mystery cases, @berrybrosrudd, but you're going to have to explain this "guarantee" of yours https://t.co/VnWQ63BNmL 1 year ago
- Off to Spain tomorrow for a spot of dinner at @Mugaritz. Any other San Sebastian tips? 1 year ago