I’ve got loads of exciting white wines at the moment, but I’ve got a problem with reds. I’ve suffered in the past from deciding that I like one and buying a few of them, and as a result I’ve got a few bottles of wines that I’ve already had too many of. I’m thinking Maycas del Limari Reserve Shiraz and, most glaringly of all, a Berberana Etiqueta Negra Rioja Reserva, which I must have bought a year and a half ago and still can’t get through. I must learn that there are lots and lots of exciting wine and there’s no need to get more than a couple of bottles of any of them unless it’s something genuinely exceptional. But then, there are moments when having a stock of your favourite wines comes in handy. For example, I was emailed last week by the man who owns the winery that produced the EOS Petite Sirah that I blogged about a few months ago, thanking me for a positive write-up. So I opened another bottle and, thankfully, it’s still excellent. A meaty, mighty beast that’s really good to crack open every now and then. Sometimes familiarity is what you’re looking for after all.
- If anyone wants free tickets to this weekend's Bettane + Desseauve wine experience in London, I've got some. Just ask. You've got 30 mins 1 day ago
- Want to go to the Bettane + Desseauve Wine Experience for totally free? I've got tickets, you only have to ask wp.me/l86Z 4 days ago
- New blogpost: London's four top Christmas wine fairs, and free tickets for Bettane+Desseauve Wine Experience! wp.me/pl86Z-ya 5 days ago
- Last call for my blogpost about Marcelo Papa and Marques de Casa Concha's new direction wp.me/pl86Z-y0 5 days ago
- A new blogpost on Marcelo Papa and a new dawn at Marques de Casa Concha wp.me/pl86Z-y0 2 weeks ago